Hi sweet friends! I love the Psalms don’t you? So many contain descriptions that make it so clear who my God is, what He does, what He likes and doesn’t. Today I opened to Psalm 146. What a blessing to read through the wonderful descriptive phrases about my amazing God! As you read through the list below be sure to think about them in terms of who He is not just words on a computer screen:
- Verse 5 – He is our help and our hope
- Verse 6 – He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them-He is faithful forever
- Verse 7 – He upholds the cause of the oppressed, gives food to the hungry, and sets prisoners free
- Verse 8 – He gives sight to the blind, lifts up those who are bowed down, and loves the righteous
- Verse 9 – He watches over the foreigner, sustains the fatherless and the widow, but frustrates the ways of the wicked
- Verse 10 – He reigns forever, for all generations
I don’t know about you but as I read through this Psalm I am filled with awe and hope. When you read through them was there something that jumped out at you? Does one of them fit you today? Do you need His help for a situation going on in your life? Have you received a diagnosis and need His healing? Do you need chains of bondage to drop off so you can be free to be all He designed you to be? Know that these are truths about who He is and what He can do. Do not live in despair or fear but choose to believe He is who He says He is and ask Him to be that for you today.
Where Healing and actually all of them are concerned I am not talking about the belief that if you have enough faith He will heal you, etc.. We see in the life of Jesus there were times He told people their faith had healed them but there are others where their faith isn’t even mentioned. I believe God can do anything. I believe He hears every prayer I pray and has them in His hands. Part of my believing Him is that I trust His will for my life. He never promised a life with no problems. He did promise He would be there with me as I walk through the good and the bad both.
May you be in His Word and hear Him speak His truths into your heart. Have a wonderful day and be blessed my friend. Keep on growing!!!
Today is a beautiful fall day full of sunshine with the cool, crisp air we have here in California. I love reading God’s Word as I feel the warm sunshine coming through the window. Time spent with God in His Word fills the needy cracks and crevices of my soul. Today I am reading in Psalm 9. The first time through it might seem there would be little I could identify with. I don’t have enemies chasing me, or at least not physical enemies. We all know by reading Ephesians 6 that we will have spiritual enemies that God is fighting as we live our lives. I am not being oppressed and I am not being persecuted. When I read through this Psalm to see what it tells me about God it is as if a window is thrown open and fresh air streams through that refreshes and renews. What I see is this:
- Verse 1 – He shows us His wonders
- Verse 4 – He upholds our right and cause and He judges righteously
- Verse 5 – He rebukes nations and destroys the wicked and blots out their name forever and ever
- Verse 6 – He brings endless ruin to the enemy, uproots their cities and removes even memory of them
- Verse 7 – The Lord reigns forever; He has established His throne for judgement
- Verse 8 – He will judge the world in righteousness; He will govern the people with justice
- Verse 9 – The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble
- Verse 10 – He is trustworthy for those who know Him because He has never forsaken those who seek Him
- Verse 11 – He is enthroned and we should proclaim the things He has done
- Verse 12 – He avenges blood and remembers; He does not ignore the afflicted
- Verse 13 – He sees and has mercy and lifts up
- Verse 14 – He saves
- Verse 16 – He is known by His justice
- Verse 18 – He will not forget the needy and gives hope to the afflicted
- Verse 20 – He can strike terror and men will know they are not God
I love God’s Word and how He makes Himself so clear. What do you see that I missed? When you open the Word of God are you reading to see what you can learn about what God will do for you or are you reading it to see what He tells you about who He is? The scripture is good for both. Let your study be balanced and be sure you are growing in knowing God. Blessings my dear friends! Enjoy these beautiful fall days and I will be back to study with you soon!