Hi sweet friends! I love the Psalms don’t you? So many contain descriptions that make it so clear who my God is, what He does, what He likes and doesn’t. Today I opened to Psalm 146. What a blessing to read through the wonderful descriptive phrases about my amazing God! As you read through the list below be sure to think about them in terms of who He is not just words on a computer screen:
- Verse 5 – He is our help and our hope
- Verse 6 – He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them-He is faithful forever
- Verse 7 – He upholds the cause of the oppressed, gives food to the hungry, and sets prisoners free
- Verse 8 – He gives sight to the blind, lifts up those who are bowed down, and loves the righteous
- Verse 9 – He watches over the foreigner, sustains the fatherless and the widow, but frustrates the ways of the wicked
- Verse 10 – He reigns forever, for all generations
I don’t know about you but as I read through this Psalm I am filled with awe and hope. When you read through them was there something that jumped out at you? Does one of them fit you today? Do you need His help for a situation going on in your life? Have you received a diagnosis and need His healing? Do you need chains of bondage to drop off so you can be free to be all He designed you to be? Know that these are truths about who He is and what He can do. Do not live in despair or fear but choose to believe He is who He says He is and ask Him to be that for you today.
Where Healing and actually all of them are concerned I am not talking about the belief that if you have enough faith He will heal you, etc.. We see in the life of Jesus there were times He told people their faith had healed them but there are others where their faith isn’t even mentioned. I believe God can do anything. I believe He hears every prayer I pray and has them in His hands. Part of my believing Him is that I trust His will for my life. He never promised a life with no problems. He did promise He would be there with me as I walk through the good and the bad both.
May you be in His Word and hear Him speak His truths into your heart. Have a wonderful day and be blessed my friend. Keep on growing!!!