Hi my sweet friends! As I have been in God’s Word this week, I have been reminded to check my motives and not just be going through the motions when I study and pray. In Psalm 50 God gives us a beautiful picture of who He is and what He wants from us.
- Vs 1 – He is the Mighty One, God, the Lord and He speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun until it sets.
- Vs 2 – He shines forth from Zion, perfect in beauty
- Vs 3 – He comes and will not be silent, fire devours before Him and a tempest rages around Him
- Vs 4 – He summons the heavens above, and the earth, that He may judge His people
- Vs 6 – The heavens proclaim His righteousness, for He is a God of justice
- Vs 7 – If we listen He will speak to us. He tells us what is wrong in our lives. He is our God!
- Vs 9 -13 – He doesn’t need the animal sacrifices (or today, the external things we do in the way of rules and regulations we or others place on ourselves) Everything belongs to Him already. He doesn’t need anything from us by way of physical things.
So what does God say He wants from us?
“Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call
on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”
He just wants us to be thankful for all He has done for us and to follow through on what we agree with Him about. Then He gifts us with wanting us to call on Him in times of trouble so that He can deliver us We have such an amazing God!!! That we can honor Him, is so humbling to me. The God who spoke the world in place asks only that I be thankful as He works in my life to bring Him honor is beyond comprehension.
I stand in awe of our Mighty God! The last of that Psalm speaks to the wicked. The “but” in verse 16 tells me He is no longer speaking to His people. I am grateful that through the Lord Jesus’ blood shed for me He sees me as His beloved child. I count that as an awesome privilege and truly an unearned gift of grace. I would love to hear what else He gives you from Psalm 50. Have a blessed day! Give Him your hands of service but first be sure you give Him your heart! Love you guys!!!