Dear little blog,
I can’t believe it has been so very long since I was able to do our study on growing in knowing God. I retired on August 15th, took a couple of great trips to spend time with people I love and now plan on spending time in Ezra to finish seeing what God will tell us there about who He is. I plan to take some time to read through the first chapters and to read my previous posts to make sure I don’t miss anything. Then I want to finish this wonderful book that has much to do with opposition and who of us doesn’t face that in our lives? Though as we walk this journey with God we will encounter opposition, that is just a fact, but who God is in the opposition we face is the key. I am so grateful He is walking with me day by day!
Here is the outline from our beginning of the study which was May of 2011:
I am so excited to study the book of Ezra. I hope you are taking the time to read through it too. I have loved taking some notes on my first time through and here are a few of the things that I have learned about who God is in this small book right after II Chronicles in the Old Testament.
- His Word is fulfilled!
- He moves the hearts of people – even those who don’t know Him.
- He is a personal God!
- He is the God of those who don’t belong.
- He is a God of details.
- He isn’t in a hurry.
- He isn’t afraid of opposition! He expects it!
- He is our protector from the opposition.
- He doesn’t remove the opposition, though He could.
- Though it may appear He isn’t there He is and He will address the opposition.
- He is bigger than the opposition.
- He is watching over His people.
- His will can’t be stopped!
- Even when there is opposition, God is in it all.
- He is a loving God who gives in abundance!
- He is an amazing God whose will, will be done and He uses politicians, kings, prophets, priests as well as many of His people to bring it about, in spite of opposition and in His perfect timing.
- He is a God of love and chooses all regardless of background and family of origin.
- He places His gracious and powerful hand on people.
- When He places His hand on people they do courageous and mighty things!
We finished on chapter 5:1-2 and after reading through the outline and the whole book lets pick up with Chapter 5.
Sorry for any of you who might be checking in at this time of transition. It really is so easy to join us! I would love to know what God gives you from His Word. We really are just reading God’s Word to see what it says about who He is. There are so many good Bible Studies that help us discover all of the many blessing He gives us but the focus of this study is growing in our knowledge about who God is.
Let’s all reread the previous posts on the first few chapters of Ezra and then read those chapters to see if we missed anything. Then in a bit we will continue on. So glad you have dropped by! Should you want to join us I hope you will leave a comment to let us know! Have a blessed day!